To be effective on Twitter it is essential to have a Hootsuite account. A basic account is free, but a paid account is awesome. For starters I love the weekly email:
The email shows all the accounts I manage and how well they're growing. At a minimum I enjoy seeing which was my most popular tweet of the week. Typically I will copy the text and send it out another time for my followers to enjoy.
Top 9 reasons to use Hootsuite
- The weekly email (above).
- View all of my social media accounts in a single dashboard.
- "Hootlet" browser app, which pops up a window and sets out the text and link for an update on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Wordpress, Instagram or YouTube -- or all of them at once.
- Chronological list of all my tweets from all my accounts.
- Ability to autoschedule or specifically schedule an update.
- View list of people following me, with stats as to their own followers and people they follow, with the ability to drag-and-drop them into a list.
- Ow.ly URL shortener.
- Downloadable free social media strategy guide.
- Add a team member
Like this? Also read #3 Twitter Tip - Fluid Interaction with Your Followers